Creative commission – call for proposals
Call for artists: What artistic process could make a research conference about Covid-19 and the arts and cultural sector more engaging, creative and transformative for participants?
We invite proposals from practising artists and creative practitioners to conceive a mode of engagement that will add a participative, reflective, imaginative and/or transformative dimension to the experience of participants during (and possibly before / after) the Covid research conference we are organising on 17-18 November 2021.
We are open to proposals that are based on facilitation, instructions, prompts, invitations, participatory methodologies, or other forms of engagement that have the potential to include up to 300 participants and to lead to a sharable outcome.
We envisage that the selected artist(s) will fully develop and produce their methodology in close collaboration with the Conference Producers (creative production agency Art of Festivals) and the Centre for Cultural Value’s project team. At the proposal stage, we are interested in a process or concept that can be implemented in a flexible manner and within production constraints, rather than a finished product.
- We are using the Airmeet conference platform as a “virtual venue”, with a reception area, tables dedicated to networking, and “booths” where either static content or a video can be displayed.
- We can also use connected apps such as a virtual whiteboard.
- Selected artist(s) don’t necessarily need to be present and/or active during the full 2-day conference
- Proposals venturing into the offline world are also very welcome!
Deadline for proposals: midday, 11 October 2021
- Questions can be directed to Fanny Martin, Creative Producer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The selected artist(s) will be notified by 15 October.
- Fee: £1,000 to £1,500 (inclusive of all related expenditure and VAT if applicable).
Image credit: Three Tables, Tim Etchells, Tate Exchange. Photo courtesy of the Tate.