Reflecting value – a new podcast about culture and research
Asking the big questions about cultural value in a reflective space
We’re delighted to be launching Reflecting Value, our new podcast. Hosted by our Post-Doctoral Research Associate, Dr Robyn Dowlen, it shares the successes and challenges of communicating cultural value, bringing together a range of thought-provoking guests for discussion and reflection.
Our first series launches with four episodes that focus on themes emerging from our research into culture, health and wellbeing.
- Bringing two worlds together: Episode one explores the ways in which the cultural sector is conveying its value to the health and social care sector.
- Making room for one another: Episode two looks at the challenges of identifying the specific contribution of culture to health and wellbeing outcomes.
- Whose safe spaces? Episode three explores the barriers we create that prevent an inclusive research environment.
- From where we stand: Episode four is a conversation between Emily Zobel-Marshall, and five cultural leaders from Leeds: Kully Thiarai, Amanda Huxtable, Keranjeet Kaur Virdee, Sharon Watson and Kathy Williams. Together they talk about the wellbeing of cultural practitioners, the challenges of leadership and the intersections of ethnicity and gender.
“At the end of last year we did a call out for guests to come and talk to us about these big questions arising from our research at the Centre. It was such a pleasure to have these reflective discussions with guests who are working in the culture, health and wellbeing field. It’s really helped me to play out some of our research findings in real time, and added real richness to our thinking, including some of the challenges associated with conveying and communicating value in this space. I can’t wait for you to have a listen!”
Guests in the series include:
- Veronica Franklin-Gould
- Mike Chitty
- Sue Pavitt & Shamalia Anwar
- Tim Joss
- Hannah Dye
- Kate Dupuis
- Tamsin Cooke and Anne Collins
- Grace Quantock
- Victoria Tischler, Hannah Zeilig and Errol Francis
- Emily Zobel-Marshall
- Kully Thiarai
- Amanda Huxtable
- Keranjeet Kaur Virdee
- Sharon Watson
- Kathy Williams
Reflecting Value was produced in-house and is co-produced by Dr Robyn Dowlen and Mikey Nissenbaum.
Image: Visitors to the Exploring Space Gallery at the Science Museum. Photo: Science Museum Group